How I practice yoga at home

As a long-time sit clerk working in a local shop, I'm so annoyed by the neck and back pains. That's why I started to practice yoga. I'd like to share my yoga journey here and hope this could help more people and spread the good of yoga.

Firstly, I bought a yoga mat. I love it, affordable, non-slip and it's been 3 months, and now I still feel so good about it. Thanks to Toplus. And their Facebook page has giveaways frequently, don't miss the bonus. Then I searched Youtube channels to learn the basic poses. I search "yoga pose for beginners" on Youtube then there are a lot of helpful videos here! I'm so excited about my new journey and so appreciated these awesome yogis. I opened the first video "14 Basic Yoga Poses for Beginners at Home". It looks good but I find that I couldn't understand her English totally. So I opened the second one, "18 Basic Yoga Poses - Tadasana, Downward Facing Dog & More - Caley Alyssa". It's a really good video that contains a lot of info about each pose and clear details a beginner should pay attention. Highly recommend putting a mirror aside so you can see if you do the pose right in comparison with the teacher's movement. I usually practice yoga at night. I put my mat in front of the big window of my living room and I can see the reflection of my own in the window.


The beginner's classes are not easy for me. The last time I get some stretch myself is so long ago when I was in university. So I practice the poses again and again. I practice yoga about 2 times a week. (Sometimes I would practice yoga a whole afternoon on weekend.)The sluggishness is the strongest opponent for me. Usually, I arrange some activities I love after yoga practice, such as eating a yummy snack, taking a bath, which will be a big motivation for me to insist on practicing.

After about 2 months, I thought I could try more poses, so I search for more poses to practice. Since I sit to deal with my work all day so I prefer the back and neck stretches. I googled and here are some articles I found, 9 simple yoga poses to help with back pain, yoga for back pain. The new challenges take me more pleasure in my journey. And there are different types of yoga you can find on their site, for the anxiety relief, mental health and more. You can find so many data online about these poses and choose the right one for your body. Now it has been 3 months since I first sat on my mat, I feel a great progress on my body and hope my experience could help you.

Comments

Popular Posts